Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Feeling Safe & Getting Support
The safety and welfare of students is paramount at the academy. At Harris Girls’ Academy Bromley, we have designated child protection and safeguarding officers who you can contact if you have any questions or concerns relating to either child protection or safeguarding.
- Designated Safeguarding Lead & Prevent Lead: Mrs Rebecca Halka, Assistant Principal
R.firstname.lastname@example.org / 07720 341925
- Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead: Ms Mya Kirrage
M.email@example.com / 07761 786174
- Student Support Services Officer: Mrs Mary Bower firstname.lastname@example.org
- Designated Anti-Bullying team: Mrs Beverley Lamarque, Ms Gillian Stockwell & Ms Jessica Heppell
Designated staff member to support students with medical needs: Mrs Beverley Lamarque email@example.com
- Designated teacher responsible for Looked After Children: Mrs Rebecca Halka
- Head of PSHCE: Ms Charley Hasim firstname.lastname@example.org
- SENCO: Ms G San Hose Sanz G.SanJoseSanz@harrisbromley.org.uk
- Academy Attendance Officer: Mrs Nicola Saunders email@example.com
- Behaviour Manager: Mrs Beverley Lamarque firstname.lastname@example.org
We will strive to make sure that every student in the Academy feels secure, well cared for, and able to reach their full potential. The Academy has created a culture within which student voice is a high priority and values itself as a listening school.
If there is anything you or your friend needs support with, or if there is something you wish to share with the safeguarding team – you can do so in confidence here: Feeling Safe at HGABR
We aim to ensure that all safeguarding and welfare concerns or referrals are handled sensitively, professionally and in ways that support the specific needs of the individual student. Through providing a caring, safe and stimulating environment which promotes the social, physical and moral development of all our students, we aim to foster an atmosphere of trust, respect and security.
Sources of help and advice
- Childline is a one stop shop for advice on bullying, online safety, friendships, feelings, homelife or anything that is on your mind: https://www.childline.org.uk/info-advice/
- Kooth is an online mental health community, you can access counselling support here: https://www.kooth.com/
- Kidscape is online help and advice with regards to bullying: https://www.kidscape.org.uk/
- Talk to Frank – online advice and honest information with regards to drugs https://www.talktofrank.com/
- Brook is a great place for useful information on sex, relationships and contraception https://www.brook.org.uk/
The Academy will work hard to reduce all the kinds of harm that children can suffer, including abuse, bullying, discrimination and avoidable injuries. If you have any concerns at all about the safety or welfare of a child please do not hesitate to contact us. If you want further information on student welfare or how to support your daughter then please visit our safeguarding page.
A copy of our Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy can be found here.
The Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO), Lead for Education Safeguarding, Quality Assurance Unit
T: 0208 461 7669 or 0208 313 4325 (via the Bromley Safeguarding Children Board)
A whistleblowing helpline is available from the NSPCC - 0800 028 02825.