Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Directed Learning Programme (Homework)
Please see below Harris Girls' Academy Bromley's homework policy and guidance surrounding how the academy sets homework for each year group.
Homework is an essential part of the learning process and should be planned, marked and reviewed in the same way as classwork. Homework may take the form of preparation, consolidation or assessment and research will only be given when accompanied with details of where students can access information.
- Meet the needs and aspirations of all students;
- Stretch and challenge students to develop their personal potential;
- Prepare the students for the challenges of working independently and without the close supervision of the class teacher.
- Ensure that all students have the opportunity to engage in learning that extends and develops what they have learnt in the classroom;
- Ensure that the teacher is able to assess what a student is able to produce without close supervision.
- Year 7 and 8 will receive no more than one hour per week per subject;
- Year 9 to 11 will receive no more than one and a half hours per week per subject;
- Sixth Form students should be completing ten to fifteen hours each week.