Download our FREE smartphone app today!
sProvider Access Policy
A Careers Advisor is contracted to HGABR 36 days per year as part of a Harris Federation agreement. Mrs Duffy is our allocated careers advisor.
The following services are provided throughout the year at HGABR.
- A varied careers library situated in the whole school LRC is available to all students. All students have the opportunity to visit the library and access the books. In addition the Sixth Form Study areas is well equipped with university prospectuses and literature on alternative career routes.
- An academy wide PSHE programme is delivered to all students covering career choices/pathways, financial guidance (salaries and income), employment rights and careers for the future.
- An informed drop down day for Year 8 students is followed by an information evening for parents to guide the subject choices to study at GCSE. This is followed by 1:1 subject meetings with senior leaders to advise and make informed choices.
- Year 10 students will take part in group career meetings prior to their 1:1 meetings in Year 11. Students are instructed to start considering their next steps in preparation to entering their GCSE exam year.
- 1:1 meetings for all Year 11 students with senior leaders to support and guide with progression into KS5
- A level taster sessions available in all subjects to Y11 students.
- Individual Careers Guidance in the form of 1:1 interviews. All Year 11, 12 and 13 students will receive a careers interview throughout the academic year with the federation careers advisor.
Evaluation and individual careers plans are constructed as a result of the interviews and kept on file for future interviews and discussions. Those students who raise concerns regarding their future are re-interviewed in the Summer Term. Careers advisors are on hand at GCSE and A-Level results day to supportand guide students in making the correct choice for their next level of education.
Other Careers Services
- Y11 Academic and Personal References are completed by Faculty Directors.
- Details of student destinations, post-HGABR are kept on file. Interviews and support is made available for those without confirmed progression routes. This support continues until students have a confirmed progression route post results.
Other Careers Services
- GCSE and P16 Option process
- Bromley experience visits to universities
- Visiting speakers arranged through Bromley Experience programme.
- Federation ‘Next Steps’ evening for students and parents of Year 11, 12 and 13.