Posted on August 17th 2023
Students Celebrate A-Level and CTEC Results
We are so proud that the average grade achieved in A-Level qualifications this year at HGABR was a grade B-, and the average grade in CTEC qualifications was a Distinction.
Overall, half (50%) of all A Level entries this year achieved A*-B grades whilst a quarter (24%) achieved the top A*-A grades.
A particularly exceptional achievement was for Year 13 student Lanya, who achieved three A* grades and is planning on studying Dentistry after her gap year. Medical student Hamda, who has achieved two A*s and one A, has secured her place at Queen Mary University of London and is overjoyed.
Other students going on to competitive universities of choice include:
- Samara who achieved one A* and two As and is going to the University of Warwick to study Law
- Kayleigh who achieved two As and one B and is starting the PricewaterhouseCoopers Flying Start Degree Programme in Accounting and Business with the University of Reading in September
- Ella who achieved one A*, one A and one B and is going to the University of Birmingham to study Geography
- Molly who achieved two As and one B and is going to the University of Sheffield to study Biochemistry
- Rumman who achieved one A*, one A and one B and is going to Kings’ College London to student Biomedical Science
It is fantastic to see so many of our students achieve the grades they need to go on to university.
Samara is going to study Law at the University of Warwick after gaining one A* and two As.