About Our Sixth Form
The aim of the Sixth Form at Harris Girls’ Academy Bromley is to provide an outstanding quality Post-16 education which will enable students to achieve amazing outcomes, reach the best possible destinations and develop all the required skills to thrive at university, in apprenticeships and in future careers after they leave us.
We are a co-educational sixth form that has the highest expectations for their students and provides an enormous range of opportunities to develop themselves.
Supporting our students in fostering strong relationships with their teachers, developing their sense of self, learning high-quality independent work skills and growing a deep love for and knowledge about their chosen subjects is at the heart of what we do here.
Sixth Form Open Evening - Thursday 16th November
Internal students are welcomed from 4.30pm - 7pm on Thursday 16th November. External students are welcomed from 5.30pm - 7pm on the same day. Please enter via reception on Lennard Road.
What can you expect from the Harris Girls' Academy Bromley Co-Educational Sixth Form?
- A wide range of courses to choose from: A-Levels, CTEC as well as rigorous resit English and Maths programmes
- Excellent academic teaching and extremely high expectations; 99% A*-E, 50% A*-B and 23% A*-A at A-Level; 66% D*-D in CTEC qualifications in 2023
- Weekly enrichment opportunities including volunteering in a local elderly care provision, primary schools, participating in netball club, UCAS preparation club, debate club, EPQ, table tennis club, criminology club, book club
- Whole year group trips three times a year (CORE Days): this year students had a choice between an Old Bailey tour, LSE tour and introduction, National Gallery visit, Imperial War Museum visit, UCL tour and lecture, Bank of England museum and city tour, South Bank healthcare careers insight day, leisure visit to Flip Out and Central London scavenger hunt
- Subject-specific trips; this year this included a Classics trip to Pompeii, a Spanish trip to Barcelona; a Photography trip to the Saatchi Gallery, a Geography trip to Dorset, a drama trip to the Old Vic Theatre
- An opportunity to role-model for the younger years, including mentoring lower school students, weekly ‘reading buddies’ to support their literacy and presenting to Year 11 students on sixth form life
- A focussed learning environment with a dedicated Sixth Form base equipped with computers, next to our excellent Library facilities and a dedicated non-teaching member of staff to support our sixth formers
- A structured tutorial programme including PSCHE, careers and future advice, work experience organisation, study skills and assemblies from external agencies, including the Metropolitan Police, Discover Psychologists from the NHS, Uptree, Bromley Road Safety and NCS
- Daily time with your Form Tutor who, along with the sixth form team, supports in the preparation and early completion of university applications
- A careers programme that supports our students’ ambitions and desired destinations: an annual careers fair, a week of work experience, one-on-one meetings with our Careers Advisor, weekly opportunities shared and completed by our students e.g. work experience at the Disney offices, NHS work experience with One Bromley, Careers in Construction with the Talent Foundry etc.
- Click HERE to see our full personal development policy.
Why join a sixth form that is part of the Harris Federation?
Being part of the Sixth Form Federation means that the Academy benefits enormously from increased opportunities that come from being part of a larger federation, for example careers advice, work experience opportunities and trips.
- Our centralised Harris Experience Advanced programme for the Most Able students prepares students rigorously for Oxbridge, Medicine and Vet Med applications including in-person lectures, UCAT preparation and one-on-one personalised meetings.
- Our close working relationship with Harris Beckenham, another nearby sixth form in the Federation, means students have access to a wider range of subject options and teaching expertise.
How can I learn more?
For entry requirements, click here
To follow us on Twitter and see what our sixth formers get up to, click here.
- To learn more about the Harris Sixth Form umbrella, click here.
See us in action...
Personal Development at HGABR 6th form
Year 13 Photography students visit the Saatchi Gallery (Jan 2023).
Year 12 Geographers visit Lulworth Cove to put their physical geography learning into context (Nov 2022).
A debate at UCL around the philosophy of life (Feb 2023).
Year 12 Business A-Level students learn about business rates and inflation at the Bank of England (Feb 2023).
Humanities students debating at UCL (Feb 2023).
Year 13 students in Gaudí's Parc Guell in Barcelona (March 2023).
Table tennis enrichment to give our sixth formers a much needed break from study (Jan 2023).
Spanish students enjoy the sun on La Rambla, Barcelona (March 2023).
A sixth form trip to the Old Vic to see Sylvia (April 2023).
Planning for our future at HGABR 6th form
Year 12 students on a whole year group trip to an amazing university and apprenticeships fair (March 2023).
Two Year 12 students complete work experience at the Disney headquarters in Hammersmith (Dec 2022).
Sixth formers interested in investment banking and finance visit the City of London and Bank of England (Feb 2023).
Year 12 students visit LSE to learn about life at a Russell Group University (Oct 2022).
Interested future lawyers take a tour of the Old Bailey (Oct 2022).
Contributing to the community at HGABR 6th form
Our community centre enrichment allows students the opportunity to support the elderly in our community and gain experience in health and social care (Nov 2022).
Students volunteer at our local primary schools doing reading and teaching assistant roles (Feb 2023).