Download our FREE smartphone app today!
We encourage students to follow a healthy and balanced diet, with a tasty set of options that incorporate many different flavours and types of cuisine.
Like all Harris Academies, we invest highly in the food we serve so that it exceeds the standards expected of schools. This is because we want students to be well fed and enjoy eating. We can cater to special dietary requirements students may have, so please let us know if this is the case.
Harris Girls' Academy Bromley use a cashless catering system that is linked to ParentPay. Over the first week of term, parents will receive activation letters explaining how to set up a ParentPay account.
Free school meals
If you daughter is entitled to receive Free School Meals, please be informed that you have to apply online via:
Click here for the Free School Meals Link
Please be aware that this website is linked to the government’s data which cross checks your eligibility for Free School Meals.
To apply for Free School Meals for your child, you must be in receipt of the one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child tax credit with an annual gross income into the household that is no more than £16,190, provided you are not entitled to working tax credit. If you are entitled to any part of working tax credit there is no eligibility with the exception of working tax run-on as shown below
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
To complete an application you will need to provide:
- Your own name and date of birth
- Contact details
- National Insurance Number or National Asylum Seekers Number
- Child's name and date of birth
- School your child is attending/will attend.
After completing the application online and submitting the form, there are three possible outcomes:
- Found – Confirmed the eligibility to Free School Meals – please inform the Academy at email@example.com immediately.
- Not Found – You are not eligible to Free School Meals.
- Service Down – Please try again later.
If your child is eligible for Free School Meals, you will receive an immediate confirmation. Upon receipt of this, the Academy will process your child’s application for Free School Meals within 24 hours where possible. May I remind you that it is your responsibility to inform the Academy of any changes in your circumstances that may affect your eligibility for Free School Meals.
If you have any queries regarding your application or are unable to apply online please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Coupland, on 020 8778 5917, or email your query to firstname.lastname@example.org.