Homework - Directed Learning Programme
This page has more information about homework and how to access Satchel One (Show My Homework), a homework platform for students.
Homework is an integral part of learning at HGABR. Research shows that high quality homework has a positive impact on pupil progress. The impact of homework, on average, is up to five months additional progress (EEF).
At HGABR we believe that homework plays a key role in developing commitment, resilience, and optimism in our students. Homework enhances pupil learning, accelerates achievement and develops independent learning skills, which are vital to their success in life.
- Meet the needs and aspirations of all students
- Stretch and challenge students to develop their personal potential
- Prepare the students for the challenges of working independently and without the close supervision of the class teacher
- Ensure that all students have the opportunity to practice and consolidate skills, conduct in-depth inquiry, prepare for lessons or revise for assessments
- Ensure that all students have the opportunity to engage in learning that extends and develops what they have learnt in the classroom
- Ensure that the teacher is able to assess what a student is able to produce without close supervision
- Years 7, 8 and 9 will receive no more than 45 minutes per week per subject
- Years 10 and 11 will receive no more than 1 hour per week per subject
- Sixth form students should be completing up to 15 hours per week
How to access Show My Homework (Satchel One)
We use Show My Homework (now called Satchel One) as a homework platform for our students. This will allow students to track their homework virtually through the website and via a mobile app.
All parent/guardians will be issued with an account. Your parent account will allow you to view the full details of your child’s upcoming, completed and overdue homework tasks allowing you to provide the necessary support for your child.
Click HERE to access Satchel One.
In order to get set up, students and parent/guardians have been issued a unique PIN. Students have been given a letter in tutor time with these PINs and set up instructions. If you have not received this PIN please get in touch with your child’s form tutor.
Parent set up instructions
- Go to satchelone.com/login or open our Satchel One mobile app
- Click on the Parent tab and select 'I don’t have an account yet'
- Search for Harris Girls' Academy Bromley
- Enter your email address and the code provided
- Follow the on screen instructions
After logging in for the first time, you will be asked to provide an email address and password that can be used as your login for Satchel One from then on. These details will also work on the Satchel One mobile App.
If you already have an account, go to the Edit Profile section of your account and enter this code into the box to link your existing account to this student
Student log in guidance
- Click HERE to read about about logging in for the first time.
- NOTE: We use a PIN sign in not 'single sign in'
Student user guidance
- Click HERE for student video guides.
Parents can view their child's PIN and help them recover their account. Open the Satchel One app on your phone or tablet and from the Menu go to Settings > Student management. You will be able to see the student PIN which they can use to reset their details.